Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mark Knopfler & Chet Atkins doing Poor Boy Blues




~~~~~



performed by Mark Knopfler & Chet Atkins on guitars and vocals


on their Neck and Neck album, with
        Floyd Cramer: piano
        Vince Gill: backing vocals
        Guy Fletcher: bass, drums, keyboards
        Paul Franklin: dobro, pedabro, steel guitar
        Larrie Londin: drums
        Edigar Meyer: bass
        Mark O'Connor: fiddle, mandolin
        Steve Wariner: bass


written by Paul Kennerly



Poor Boy Blues


Do I want you?
Yes I do.

Do I need you?
Baby you know it's true.

But I ain't got nothin'
that you can use.

So I'm sittin' on my own here,
with these poor boy blues.

One day, baby,
you will see

You're gonna give
all your love to me.

I'm the one, babe,
that you're gonna choose.

But in the meantime,
I got these poor boy blues.

Pick it, son,
pick it now.

Things won't always
be the same.

Some day soon
every little thing will change.

You'll tell your momma
her baby's got good news.

But until then, well,
I got these poor boy blues.

But until then, well,
I got these poor boy blues.


~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home